Saturday, March 13, 2010

Legal Beagle 5K this morning..

Ran the Legal Beagle 5K this morning in Jackson. It was pretty chilly. Wasn't expecting that. I wore shorts and a short sleeved shirt. It was real windy, but once the sun came out, it was pleasant. I finished in 29:15. It wasn't my best time, but that's okay. I wasn't expecting a better time at all! My ankle was really hurting so I took it a little slower. Last week, I went to the Allergy doctor and told him about my breathing when I run(among other things). I can't get over 8min miles without heaving. He did a lung test and turns out I have a little bit of Exercise Induced Asthma!! Never thought about that at all. He gave me an inhalre to use before I run. I used it today and I did feel better(except for my ankle). I think part of why I'm so tired and draggy(and the reason my time increased) is because I've increased my racing so much too suddenly. 3 races in 4 weeks is a lot. I'm got nothing for the next two weeks so I plan to take it easier. I've got two races and a bike ride set for April.

No comments: