Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Marrow Donation Shot #3

Went for Shot #3 this morning. Starting to feel tired. I think it's from waking up at 7:30 every morning. For the past two days, the side effects have been hitting me around 4pm. Yesterday it was bone pain. I felt like there was an electric current flowing through my legs and hips. It wasn't horrible, but definitely uncomfortable. I've been sleeping on the heating pad and when I wake up, I feel refreshed and pain-free. I plan to take advantage of that. Yesterday I did 45 min. on the Bike trainer. Today I ran 5 miles. Tomorrow I plan to run at 7 or more. I'm gonna miss one run on Friday and possibly miss the long run this weekend. We'll see.
I'm still feeling good about doing this. I've had a few people tell me I'm nuts. In my eyes, the pain is temporary and totally tolerable when I know that the endgame is saving someone else's life.

Tomorrow we go to Jackson.

No comments: