Friday, May 27, 2011

Running update...

So far this year, I've achieved two of the four running goals I set for myself. I've set new PR's in both 10K and the Half Marathon. I do plan to run a third half this year (there aren't any nearby until the fall), which will complete the third goal. The fourth goal is the one I'm unsure about. I want to run 1000 miles this year. So far I am on track. I have to maintain at least 84 miles each month to achieve this. I did 100+ in January, 90+ in February, 100+ in March, and 89 in April(I can't remember the exact numbers). This left me with a 55 mile surplus going into May. I felt great about this because I was hurting a good bit when training for the Renaissance Half. I felt like I could relax a little in May if I needed to. Well, I needed more than relaxation. I pretty much needed to stop running all together. I've had injury after injury. Once my shin and knee stopped hurting, my Achilles started hurting. Then I got Plantar Fascitis in my right foot. I feel okay today, but because I have ran only 3 miles this week! For the month of May, I will have 35-40 miles, depending on whether or not I can suffer through the pain and gain a few more over the last few days of the month. This month I'll eat almost all of those surplus miles, which means I won't have room to relax anymore this year unless I can get over all these injuries and gain it back. I haven't totally given up on my goal yet. But I've accepted that fact that it may not happen. (If I'm 10 miles shy on New Year's Eve, I'll definitely be out for a run!)

The next race is the State Games... the cross country race on June 4, and the 5K on June 18.

No comments: