Thursday, May 5, 2011

Scouts Honor...

Next weekend I will be reliving the good ol' days down at Camp Meridale! I cannot wait! When I was a girl scout, I spent several weeks there each summer. It was like a home away from home. I loved every minute I spent there. So much that (being a tomboy and not caring about my appearance) I often went a few days without washing my hair. Washing, drying and fixing my hair took too much time. They were lucky I even bathed! I was having so much fun, I didn't want to miss anything. I also remember once not telling anyone that I had been stung by a wasp (I'm very allergic) because I knew they would call my Mom. Someone noticed how swollen and red my arm was and I ended up leaving camp. I wasn't happy about that at all.

I hope to not have any issues that would cause them to call my parents this time. I think I can be responsible enough now. :) I'm looking forward to seeing the old place again. Eating in the lodge, the flag ceremony, capers and nature trails and the like. My friend Carla is gonna be there too. Her mother Ms. Eloise was our troop leader. We had some good times together. We are both staying in the treehouses again.


I promise I'll wash my hair this time. Scouts Honor.

No comments: