Saturday, June 20, 2009

Busy Day...

We had a busy day today... Fun though. This morning, we woke up early to go to Bonita Lakes for the State Games 5K... It was slightly dissappointing. There were only 57 runners and 7 walkers there. I was expecting a few high school track teams or maybe some state running clubs like the MS track club to be represented... It was pitiful. Anyway, I did 30:24 (my best 5K is 29:14). It was REALLY HOT!!! I could have done a lot better. The only water stop only had powerade or something red... I wasn't too happy because I was planning on dunking it on my head. Thank God I had prepared for the heat and brought my own water bottle. I froze it overnight. It was gone before I was done. Here's some pics Wes took...


After the race, we were pooped... Wes helped Mom & Ken move stuff out of Silverleaf and stuff from one storage unit into another while I sat with Papaw. He's doing okay I guess. He's not "sick" really. He's just, well, I hate to say it... Giving up. Please keep him and everyone in your prayers. We just want him to be happy.
After that, I came home to change for a Sunday School pool party. We cooked out and swam with all the kids. It was quite relaxing. I haven't been in a pool in a while. That's one thing I miss about apartments... Pool access. Wes had to go to work, unfortunately. After I left Wade & Crystal's, I went and took Wes some fruit at work. Thankfully, they weren't busy today.
I still had my camera in the car so I took some pics of him working. Luckily, I caught him refueling a plane...

The Navy Jets park at the airport on the weekends and they fly them on weekend.


Luckily, this is what he did most of the day... The heat index today was around 105!!!!!

No comments: