Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Anxious again...

Not much going on this week. Wes and I are trying to decide on vacation details. He's been looking at hotels in Munich. We've reserved a spot for a tour of Salzburg, Austria. There's also a possibility of us leaving on Friday(Aug. 7) instead of Saturday. I'm going to work the morning show that Friday and if the flight times work out, we'll leave then and have an extra day in Germany. Can't wait!! When we went to Italy, there were several things we really wanted to see. (Statue of David, Vatican, St. Marks Square, etc.) There's really nothing significant that I want to see in Germany. I just want to go. So planning is a little easier because we don't have a list of things to fit in. Our plan is to fly into Frankfurt and stay in the Rhine Valley for 1 or two nights. We're going to take a boat ride down part of the river. Then we'll probably head to Rothenberg and then Munich. There are several places around Munich that make great day trips. Our plan is to visit Salzburg and Nuremburg. We'll get back on Sunday the 16Th. Monday the 17Th, I start my class at MCC. I also start my MARATHON TRAINING that day!! We'll also have to start picking pears and giving them away. No time to rest until December 6Th.
Two folks from work are thinking about running the marathon with me. One is for sure doing it and the other is still talking himself into it. John Johnson backed out because he's running to raise money for the Cancer Center in Meridian and they didn't think the "St. Jude" marathon would be a good choice. I reserved hotel rooms yesterday. I was worried the closer hotels would fill up fast. But thinking about it now, the race caps at 3500 and there's got to be thousands (more like 10,000+) of hotel rooms within a 5 or 10 mile radius of downtown. I shouldn't have been as worried as I was. I just wanted a nicer place close enough so we didn't have to drive there. I ended up with the Marriott Downtown. It's about a mile from the start.

My stomach is in knots again! Every time I start to talk about the marathon, I get that knotty feeling... Anxiety I guess. I really hope it doesn't get worse. I always get a little anxious before a race, but I can usually control it pretty well.

Went to see Papaw today. He's been upset because he only had a few long sleeve shirts. They were all at my house. He's been complaining to Mom about it and was upset because she hasn't brought him any. I told him that it was my fault and not to be mad at her. He's been giving Mom a hard time lately. He doesn't want to do anything for himself and doesn't want to be alone either. He's had sitters with him 24/7 and he's all the time worried that the sitters and nurses don't know what's going on and calls mom to complain and ask her to come 'straighten things out.' All this is stressing her out. I told Papaw today that if he needed anything and Mom was at work, to call me. I don't know if he'll actually do it.

No comments: