Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hot Watermelons!!!

EARLY this morning, Dad and I went to Jackson. I ran the Watermelon Classic 5K. It was a pretty good race. It was WAY HOT!! I'm not sure of my exact finish time. I really don't think the clock time was accurate. It said I finished at 33:22 or so. It took me about 20 seconds to get to the finish line. I only stopped running once for about a minute. I seriously don't think it took me 33 minutes to finish. We were using chips, but there was no sensor pad at the start. I've heard some people talk about how the MTC (Mississippi Track Club) organizes and scores their races. It's not positive. There not very good at accuracy. I don't know though. I'll wait till they post the official results online before I claim a finish time. It's not like I won or anything... Anyway, Dad took his fancy camera and took some pictures. We had a good time. Afterward, we went Truck shopping (dad desperately needs a new truck) and then headed back home. We had the GPS with us and We decided to take a few side roads. We drove around Enterprise for a while. We went to Stuckey's Bridge and then ended up waaay down River Road...


The finish line
The start line on Lakeland Drive


Me (#561-light blue shorts, white shirt/hat)
Full of energy here....

Not so much here...


No comments: