Tuesday, August 4, 2009

slow pokin...

This past Saturday, I ran the Slow Poke 5K in Philadelphia. It was a pretty nice run. It started/stopped at the Neshoba Co. Coliseum. I finished at 30:55 and came in 2nd in my age group!! :) Mom went with me and she took pictures. I haven't gotten them from her yet, but they're on Facebook. (I'll post them later...) Here's one picture from PineBelt Pacers... I was pretty excited about it... I've only placed once before (Run for Hope in meridian...3rd place) and I was surprised because I'm at the older end of my age group (25-29). But smaller races are easier to place in. There's not that many runners... (I think there were close to 100 in this one.) I was the 10Th female to finish.
This morning, Tim Irvine, Thomas Burton and I went for our first official Bonita Running Club Group Run (the website isn't set up yet). We're in the process of starting our own running club here in town. (MAA is big on biking and triathlons) We wanted a group of just runners. We have three "members." :) There's nothing official yet. We are just trying to get some more people interested and involved before we go any further. If anyone is interested, we are planning on bi-weekly group runs, on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6am and Bonita Lakes. Today was a pretty good run. Tim and I went around 3 times at a good pace. Thomas went around twice before he walked a bit. I walked after 3 laps (1 lap = 1.21 miles), then ran another lap and a half. Tim ran another two laps (he's the speedy one). I did a rough total of 6 miles. Thomas did 4.5 or so. (Nike+ has been down for a few days, so I haven't been able to load my miles) The weather was humid, but not too hot(cloud cover). When I got home, I showered and played with Phoebe for a few minutes and fell asleep in the other room. I woke up half and hour later and got back in bed. Slept until noon...

Counting down the days until VACATION!!! We're leaving on FRIDAY!! :) I'm already packed... I packed on Sunday.

No comments: