Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Marathon Mile Sponsors

Yesterday, Tim (my running partner) came up with the idea to get people to "sponsor" a mile during our marathon by giving us a quote to think about during that mile. The quotes can be funny, inspirational or whatever. I got multiple quotes for several miles. Here's my list....

1. John Johnson: The start is just as important as the finish.
2. Garren Warwick: What a great day for sightseeing-enjoy every mile and stay loose!
3. - Rachael Harper: Pressure is nothing more than the shadow of great opportunity.
- Donna Jenkins: "Donna would be dead by now."
4. Johnathan Edwards: When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.
5. Staci Slayton Harrell: Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson So proud of you! Good Luck!
6. Joey Gibson:
7. Josh Martin: Some people create with words or music of paint brush. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop & say, "I've never seen anyone run like that before." It's more than a race, it's a style.
8. Rachel Alig: Actions start out of motivation and continue out of habit!!!
9. Tammi McPherson: “Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.” Bon Jovi
10. Jan Cook Houston: "The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win."- Sir Roger Bannister
11. Staci Slayton Harrell: A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu
12. Thomas Burton: "Don't look back!, Suit & Tie man is right behind you!"
13. - Adam McPherson: I was watching you, and the whole time you were doing so well. But then on that last stretch, those guys passed you. I kept wondering, 'why is he letting them pass him?' Just run faster, Adam! It's that easy. Just run faster!" -Jennifer McPherson
- Charles Daniel: You're half way through this race. Now you make your own luck. Go get em!
14. Juliet Johnston: Hebrews 12:1-2: Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
15. Dawn Brand: The miracle isn't that i finished. The miracle is that i had the courage to start. ~ John Bingham...
16. Michael Phillips: They shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and never faint. Go get em!!
17. Tim Irvine: "The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running."
18. Kelly Kowall: Philippians 4:13
19. Lauren Hodges: The miracle is not that YOU WILL cross the finish line... The miracle is that YOU had the courage to cross the start line!
20. - Carl Harper: At this point, don't think back, just keep going to the finish.
- Garren Warwick: only 10K left!
21. Randy Corbin: Pain, like this race, will end soon!
22. Wade Phillips: We rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance and endurance produces character, and character produces hope.
23. - Tracie Clark Mallard: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Sheila Kowall: I will be with you always..You can so all things through Christ.......I will be there when you start and when you finish.
24. Lauren Castillo: "Keep on swimming...keep on swimming."
25. Johnathan Tullos: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
26. LaSandra Jennings: I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 2Timothy 4:7
.2. Pete Kowall: You'd be done if you didn't have to run the .2!! Go Navy!

No comments: