Monday, February 15, 2010

Indiana Trip..... Day 1-2 BLIZZARD!!!

This is sooo cool!!!! Driving up to Indiana was cool. We took turns... There was little snow on the ground through MS and AL. Once we got past Huntsville, it was everywhere. Then after we got into Kentucky, it started to snow again.... And it never stopped! It snowed all the way to Indiana. We stopped at the Indiana welcome center... there was about 4 inches on the ground... The lady at the welcome center said we might get stuck up here.........

In our hotel... nice and warm inside....
Meanwhile, outside... our car got covered overnight... (never stopped snowing btw)
We had all day Monday to do whatever we wanted... We couldn't do much. After breakfast at the hotel, Dad and I went trekking in the snow. I didn't have adequate shoes, so we stayed in the road. We walked to the hardware store and to Sams. Later, we drove to the outlet mall, but barely... it was pouring snow! I learned why people turn out their windshield wipers sometimes.... they'll freeze to the window and you won't be able to use them if you don't.... I didn't bring any shoes worthy of snow-trotting. We had to hunt down some. Not real easy. I was just going to get some walmart ones, but they didn't have any. Ended up getting some from the Columbia Outlet store... Nice shoes but I hardly ever wear boots and they rubbed the crap out of my ankles! (ankle-chaffing.... a first for me!) Anyway, they are worth it, because now my feet don't get cold or wet... :) We drove back to the hotel and thawed for a while, then trekked out . Here's a picture of the height of the whiteout....
Hwy 65. FUN!!! Lots of cars in the ditch! If they're abandoned, the cops put police tape around them and move on. They come back and identify the owners later if they haven't gotten them already.
hotel parking lot
me & dad walking around...
this is Walmart's parking lot (before it's plowed)
got my snow boots on!! Now I can make a mess! :)
Dad's snow angel!

walmart parking lot - after plowing...
more pictures to come... Tomorrow(Tues) morning we are going to the deployment ceremony. Then we'll take Pete off base for a while. I think we're heading to a mall north of hear, near Indianapolis. It's supposed to snow a good bit tomorrow as well, but not as much as today. (It started snowing last night around 7pm and stopped around 6pm tonight. Almost 24 hours straight. I'm pretty sure there's more than a foot and a half out there).

No comments: