Sunday, May 2, 2010

Been a while.....

Been busy. Not really just lazy to be honest...

Mom and I went to see Point of Grace and Mark Schultz at the temple last night. GREAT concert!! I hadn't been to the temple in years. Looks exactly the same. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. I did smell like an old drafty house. About halfway through the concert, it got real hot! I mean REAL HOT!! Anyway, enough negative.... the concert was great. I had forgotten that POG had originally started out as a group called "Say So." They sang at OHBC when I was like 7 or something... I don't know for sure. (wiki link) Point of Grace formed later with four women. Over the years, two left to be with family. Now there are three. Two are still original to the group. I've seen them three or four times in concert over the years. I've also seen Mark Schultz before too. I think it was at 15Th Avenue BC sometime in 2000 or 2001. Mark sings a song called "Letters from War." I'm sure by the name you can guess why Mom and I sobbed while he sang it.... I took a few pictures and videos with my phone... here's a picture... It's not that good because we weren't real close to the stage...
Well, Wes left yesterday for South Korea. He called me around 3pm today and said they had just landed. It was 5am there. On Monday morning that is.... He's 14 hours ahead of us. So basically he skipped Sunday completely. The airport must have had free Wi-Fi. He called using the Skype for iPhone thing. It worked pretty well. they flew from Memphis to Chicago and had 6 or 7 hours of layover there. He went into downtown Chicago for a while. (He's never been). He sent me this picture from the Sears Tower. (I've been there before when Pete graduated from Boot Camp). Last year they built these glass boxes that you can stand in and you're basically standing out over the city a hundred stories up.... Pretty cool! (nice legs too!... Wes', not the other persons....)
So anyway, I ran yesterday on the treadmill (hate it) because it's monsoon week. Plus the humidity is ridiculous. I'm not ready for it yet.
..
..
..

So I have this friend that I haven't talked to in a while. I have no excuse for not talking to them, its just that I'm busy with my own life and so are they. It happens. (It seems to happen a lot to me. I tend to have these selfish periods where I unknowingly ignore others and then it turns to alienation and then when I see them again, it's awkward.) This person has not had the easiest life. They've had a lot of bumps in the road. But they are remaining positive and seem to be happy with themselves now. But, in the eyes of an outsider (which I consider myself to be because I haven't been around them in years until recently), they seem to be walking down the same path that lead them to those bumps and bad choices. I know it's not my place to judge them. I don't know what they've gone through and I can't really relate to them. (This person has children). I don't know the whole situation, but I just don't think their setting a good example for their kids. I can't say anything to them. It's not my place. I just feel the need to say this in general because I care about them. I really do, even though I haven't shown it much. Please pray for this person. They seem to be happy, but I feel like the bigger picture is more important to focus on than happiness in this situation. I don't know if this person reads this, but if they do, I'm sorry, but I just think your main focus should be your influence on your children and not the other thing.

No comments: