Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fast news

This week has went by pretty fast. Maybe because Wes' days off last week were different and he only worked a four day week. Plus, there wasn't a Noon show yesterday and there's not one today either!! Yesterday, I went home at 9AM and crawled right back into bed! It was great!! Today I'll leave around 10:30. I'm probably going to run the bridge if it's a nice enough day (hopefully it won't be too windy up there).

On Wednesday, I had my last Post op for my right foot. The last few weeks, I've been having serious cramps in my toes on my LEFT foot. Doc said that I have the beginnings of a stress fracture from the surgery. It's probably due to the way the weight is distributed now and the pressure that my little toes are experiencing. It's mostly my second toe. (BTW, my right foot is fine.) He told me to wear the boot for a week or so to let it rest. I haven't yet. I will next week (when I have a regular work week). It doesn't hurt all the time, but when it does, it's torture!! I've been using Maderma for about a month to get rid of the scar. I can't tell if it's working because it says to use it for 3-4 months! We'll see.

On Thursday, Wes & I went downtown and walked everywhere! We parked at the visitors center and walked to the market, then to Waterfront Park, down East Bay St. to the Battery and back through the neighborhoods at the end of Meeting St. Many, Many miles.... We stayed down there for 4-5 hours! It was perfect weather and really nice at the pier too. Of course we forgot our camera!! (oh, well) But we ended up going camera shopping after that. For weeks, we've been looking for a new hand-held point & shoot digital camera we can use when we don't want to bring our big one. We found a Kodak 10mp one at OfficeMax, but paid the price that Target was advertising. Target was out of stock. We went back and forth to several stores before we finally got them to price match it.
After that, we went home and got our big camera and drove by the Hump Bar! For anyone who is familiar with the TV Show Army Wives (Lifetime, currently in reruns), this show is based in and filmed in Charleston. The show is about life on an Army base (hence the name). They've used several sites near our house for shoots. (Trident Technical College, the old navy base & base housing--all public now, Hampton Park downtown and the Hump bar) The Hump Bar is where "Roxy," one of the characters works and where many "army" people hang out. The building where they shoot the Hump bar scenes is about a mile from our house. It's not used for anything and has had a for sale sign on it for months. But yesterday when we drove by, they had the sign down, the "Hump Bar" sign up and there were several flowers and crosses set up like a memorial. (SPOILER: In the last scene of Season 1, a guy walked in with a bomb strapped around his waste.) ((((Highlight in this empty spot for an explanation.)))) When we came back from downtown, there was a SWAT Team truck in front and several cops cars around, as well as a large light grid and camera crews around. When we drove by with the camera, the SWAT truck was moved away and there were ambulances and a Humvee with several army people and "cops" standing around. We passed by twice and I took several pictures. I can't post them now because they are on the computer at home. I'll post them this evening..... Wes thinks I'm crazy for taking pictures of them, but my mother would have killed me if I hadn't.


yanasina said...

I had completely forgotten about the season finale. can't wait for it to start up again

Anonymous said...

What is the address of the not used "hump bar"?

Ev said...

The "hump bar" is on Rivers Ave. across the road from the Sunoco and next to a fireworks stand near Trident Tech in N. Charleston. There's a new sign there now that says "coming soon: ___'s Billiards."