Sunday, August 10, 2008

Writer's Block #1

So I've been wondering what to write on here lately. Life has been slowing down a bit since we moved back home. There's not much to do outside of work now that we are not in a touristy area anymore. Yesterday before our cook-out, I was looking for a few coffee table books to put in the living room when I saw this book (I guess you can call it a book) that I bought a long time ago. It called "'The Writer's Block,' 786 Ideas To Jump-start Your Imagination." I have decided to try to use this little book block (It's shaped like a block) to do just what it says. Hopefully I'll keep up with it on a regular basis. So here goes.

"Tell the story of your nickname....or the story of the most unusual nickname you've ever had."

Well that's kind of an interesting story. My childhood nickname is (I can't believe I'm sharing this!) "Peanut." I tried to hide this from people, but living next to my brother for the last 6 months killed that attempt. Anyway, so the truth is that when I was very little (months old) my Dad would feed me peanuts and I loved them. I still love peanuts. Any type of nuts for that matter. My favorites are cashews and almonds. So that's it. Simple as that.
When I was in Junior High, my friend Rachel started calling me "Eggy." I really don't know why. But that was my school nickname. At first it didn't bother me, but then it gradually became an annoyance. I'm kind of glad that one wore off. When you think about it, it doesn't seem very pleasant. I also used "MERK" on occasion. (The letters are my initials) There may be a few more that were short-lived, but those are the main ones. Pete on the other hand, has had many many nicknames. At first he was just "Bud." Then we started calling him "Dub." I can't remember why. He also suffered through "Peter Pan," "Pistol Pete," "Pete & Repete," and simply "repete."

No comments: