Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I am so upset at myself...

This afternoon, I completely ruined a great book. First of all, let me clarify something. YES, it is an "Oprah book club" selection. YES, I did see it briefly on Oprah, only because it comes on before my show. I saw a review on another news network and decided to get it BEFORE I found out it was on Oprah. Several people have asked me if I saw it on Oprah. I did, but that's not why I got it. ANYWAY, this book I'm reading is excellent. I can't put it down. It's almost 600 pages and I've read about 500 in less than two weeks. It's so descriptive. There's a reason for this, but I won't tell you why. I'm at a critical point in the story and I just couldn't put it down today.
Every chance I had today at work to read a few paragraphs, I took it. I decided that I couldn't do this anymore, because it was getting close to show time and I needed to you know, work and all... So I finished the chapter, which was just one more page. I flipped through the rest of my unread pages see how much I had left, but not really looking. I stopped flipping for like a half a second and there it was! The first three words of a chapter gave a major conclusion away!!! I was so upset! I started crying. I had to go to the bathroom and let the tears out. I was a little embarrassed about what I was crying about. I couldn't believe that happened. I was upset both at what happens in the book but also at myself for seeing it too early.
So now I have to continue reading as if I don't know what's happening. I'm still going to finish it, but I feel like I have cheated myself.

So anyway, read the book. Ir's really good.... Just don't flip through the pages ahead.

No comments: