Friday, November 6, 2009

Lots of news this week...

Lots of new things this week. Not much of it is good news though...

We learned this week that Pete will be leaving for Afghanistan the second week of February. What's new about this is instead of being there for 10 months, he'll be there for 22 months! A LOT LONGER than originally thought! Pete's excited about it.. Everyone else, not so much! This time, he'll actually be on land instead of on a ship like the last deployments(or cruises as they're called in the Navy). Something else for me to lose sleep over.....

Dad's surgery has been cancelled. He was supposed to have it next week, but they are looking at new x-rays and will call him back soon. Not sure what the deal is with that.

Grandmother (Dad's mom) is having back problems. She had an MRI today. Not sure what the deal is there either.

Next week is going to be the toughest week for me training. Next Saturday is the longest run I'll do before the race (22 miles!) and the week's total is the largest out of the entire 16 week training schedule (44 miles). I have a 15 mile run tomorrow. I missed yesterday's 7 mile run because I was sick on Wed/Thurs. I did 4 1/5 today, but mostly walked it because I was coughing a lot. I feel much better, just need to get rid of this cough and phlegm junk. Thomas has been out with his knee/IT band issues. He's been running a lot on grass (less impact) but has missed several long runs. Hopefully, he'll be okay for the big day.

No comments: