Sunday, October 14, 2007

Boredom...

So it's been a great weekend!! What have I done? Nothing. I'm refering to the weather. We've had the windows open and the air turned off since Thursday. I am so depressed that I can't get out of here and go running. I know the Bridge is georgous today! On days like this, there's probably a hundred people out there! It's perfect running weather. And I'm sitting here watching Alias and TiVo records all weekend. Sad.

Oh well, it did give me a chance to catch up on my music. See, my computer crashed a few weeks ago, and I lost everything. Wes and I have three computers, two desktops and a laptop. (I know, I know. We both had one before we got married and we bought the laptop for school) My desktop-which was about 3 years old, died. We tried putting the hard drive in Wes's computer, but got the same result. (A Hard Disc Error occurred...) We also tried to reboot it in repair mode with the operating system disc. The only other thing to do is to reformat it, which means erasing everything on it. I'm reluctant to do that because I holding out hope that there's something else that can be done. Almost everything on it is duplicated on Wes's computer or the laptop. Only things that weren't are some pictures, my current resume and other documents, and of course, nearly 4 gigs of music. The music wouldn't be a big deal had my biggest iPod not crapped out last year. I had everything on there. Luckily, most of it was on a CD or an another iPod somewhere, but I did lose several songs downloaded from iTunes. So I spent the last few weeks while unable to run, going through a HUGE box of CD's downloading music all over again.

After all this happened, we subscribed to a backup service called Carbonite. It took 5 days to upload everything. I want to also get a portable hard drive. Wes thinks carbonite is enough, but I like to have a something physical. For right now, I'm just happy that we have the most important things...our pictures from our wedding, honeymoon and hundreds of family pics, both old and new.

Anywho, that's it for now. Back to work tomorrow. Yippee........... (not really)

Goodnight all.

No comments: