Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Not much going on...

I was sick this weekend. Getting better, but not 100% yet. We didn't have softball practice on Saturday because there were a lot of people who wouldn't be able to make it, including our coach. We're supposed to have practice this weekend. On Sunday, I ran 2 MILES!! and then went and played softball with Pete & Kelly. It started to rain a little bit while we were there. (It's still raining). I haven't been to the gym since Sunday. The race is in 5 weeks. uh-oh....

I got my new passport in the mail this week. I had to get a new one because my old one still had Kowall on it. My new one is weird because the picture and info are on the second page instead of inside the first page. It's also thicker and more colorful. Apparently there's electronic chips embedded in the new ones so when you go through customs at bigger airports, they can scan it quicker.

Phoebe is now sitting in my lap while I am trying to type. It's thundering and lightning outside and she's scared. Poor thing.

This week the new owners of our station are in town. There's a meeting tomorrow morning. We are going to learn about new benefits and vacation and all that. Hopefully, there will be no surprises.... This year, I have 17 days to do with as I please(plus holidays of course). This includes sick days. We don't have designated sick days and vacation. I like it this way because I don't get sick that often so I can use more days for vacation. I'm using 8 or 9 days for our trip to Germany in June, plus one when Mom & Dad come over. (!!!!) This leaves 6 or 7 for other things, like Christmas. Raycom will change this I'm sure. If this changes before our vacation, then I will be using all my time at once. I'm hoping they won't. We'll see tomorrow.

More later.....

1 comment:

yanasina said...

I just got my new passport too. They sure are busy aren't they. I don't know why they felt like all those pictures are needed on the visa pages.