Monday, November 10, 2008

Blah...

Not much going on this week. We took Papaw to church yesterday. He's doing great. I like standing by him while the congregation sings. Hearing him sing is comforting. I don't know why, but it is. It brings a tear to my eye sometimes.
This week I am filling a Operation Christmas Child box. The boxes are filled with toys and books for kids in poor countries who don't have Christmas. We're turning them in next Sunday at church.
I've been running nearly everyday as well. I did 5 miles today. I only did 3 yesterday because I didn't go until later in the day and I was running out of daylight. There's a 5K this weekend. My goal is to run it without stopping. I'd like to do it in under 33 minutes, but I won't be dissappointed if I take longer.
I finished Edgar Sawtelle. I highly recommend it to everyone. I'm currently reading The Shack. My dad gave it to me. It's really good so far, but very deep. I have to reread paragraphs often to understand what's happening. It's about a man who spends the weekend with "God" after struggling for several years with his daughter's death. Very good.....

No comments: