Friday, November 28, 2008

Yeah for Black Friday - Nay for Work...

Mom, Aunt Lynn & I went Black Friday'n. I got there first, at around 4. (Yes, 4am!) It was a pretty good time! I was a little tired because I only slept about 2 hours last night. I couldn't fall asleep because my mind was racing. We spent a lot of time at Belk & Penney's and then walked through the mall. At around 10:30 we went to Bed, Bath & Beyond. Their sale ended at 10am.. Oh well. That's when I started feeling it. I knew that I wouldn't last through the day if I didn't get any sleep. I went home and slept until 2pm. Wes actually got up and went to Sam's with Tom (a friend from work). They had free breakfast. He said it wasn't much to speak of. He did buy a GPS. He's been looking at them lately. He's still not sure if he'll keep it or not. After he left there, he went back to bed.

When we woke up, I began unloading the car and noticed that the Bradford Pear tree in our front yard has beautiful red, orange and yellow leaves now. It's really pretty. I took some pictures of it today. Today we had our Thanksgiving meal. Dad fried the turkey and mom made the dressing. I made succotash, black-eyed peas and a Hash brown casserole. Ken & Deb came and brought Nathan. I'll post some pics and some of the tree in a few minutes... Sunday, we along with Adam & Becca are still planning on going to New Orleans. That will be nice to get away.

No comments: