Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Phew.......

I don't know about anyone else, but I am officially Obama'd out! It's been nothing but politics for like 2 years for me! Having lived in South Carolina, an early primary state, we got hit with it full force back when there were 8 or 9 candidates on each side. Every other day there was a candidate in town or a debate or something. After all this, I'm just glad it's finally over. (Don't take this the wrong way. I'm glad we have a new president and I know we all have witnessed a truly historic event.) Today was just too much. Most people took time out of their day to watch the inaugural speech and then went back to work. I couldn't. We watched the speech and the farewell to the Bushes and a little bit after that. I enjoyed it. But then I had to go to work and sat there all day watching every band in the parade, every dinner and every car ride, every dance and everyones opinion of everything in between....

Tonight, I think I'll leave the TV off and take a nice long bath.

No comments: