Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Weekend Fun!

I'm back. Didn't want to come back actually. Had a great weekend. I left on Thursday around 1:45. The drive wasn't too bad. Talledega was packed when I passed by. I got there around 10:30 or so. The twins were awake when I got there, full of energy because they were still on Hawaii time. Dad was already asleep when I got there.

On Friday, Mom, Bobby, Masayo, the Twins and I went to the Birmingham Zoo. It was a great day for the zoo. Not too hot. The twins had a blast. And I got some great pics of them and the animals. (I'll post animal pics later.) Something stirred up my allergies and by the time we left the zoo, my eyes were swollen and very itchy. We ate at Cracker Barrel before leaving Bham (there are no Cracker Barrel's in Hawaii). We didn't get back til after 9pm.

Pics from Friday

Saturday, Dad woke me up. I was sleeping on the couch because the twins had Pete's bedroom and Bobby & Masayo were in the other one. The twins woke up early. People started showing up around 11. Dad showed Masayo how to drive the tractor and she took Kaine and Daichi around on it. Colby also rode on it. Later Porter, Kyle, Kale, Dad and I went down the river. When we got back, Bobby, Masayo, the twins and I went to the carousel and to feed the ducks at Highland Park and then to Papaws. Daichi passed out in the car on the way to Papaws. Then on our way home, Kaine fell asleep. They were both exhausted from the day. We got fish from Long's for dinner.
Pics from Saturday

I think Masayo was having more fun than the twins were.

Little Nathan was Adorable!!!!!

Papaw & his sister, Mary Ruth

Proud Great Grandpa!!!

The Martins

Kayaking down the river was excellent! I couldn't have asked for better weather! It was so relaxing and peaceful!! Just what my homesickness needed. (It's returning as I look at these though)

Daichi and Kaine ate most of the bread themselves.
Sunday wasn't a bad drive either. I woke up just in time to say by to Dad. I got ready to leave while everyone was getting ready for church. After church they went to Papaw's and then to the church picnic. Talledega was still going strong. Lucklily, I didn't have to deal with any traffic from it. I got back around 8:30.

I got to work on Monday and found out that Kelly has broken her foot. She was supposed to play softball on Sunday. Pete came over yesterday and said that she "fell up the stairs." I think she's a bit embarrassed by it.

No comments: